Following the Emergency General meeting of 16 Dec. 2013, minutes of which may be found on-line, several motions were passed, effective immediately, which effectively ends the activities of Sway Fencing Club in it’s current form.
There is a way forward for the continuation of fencing in the New Forest as outlined below:
- From January 14th, the Juniors Section relocates to Lymington Fencing Club (Priestlands School, Lymington) Tuesdays, 6.30-8pm.
- Brockenhurst College is now vacated as a Club venue
- A new joint committee be formed to decide the formal merger of the two clubs.
- As a consequence of unsustainable low numbers, the Seniors Section of the Club is now CLOSED.
- Senior fencers will be welcomed at Southampton Epee Club at Swaythling and Espada Fencing Club, at Little Down and Canford Heath.
- It is with great regret that this decision has been taken, however the all-time low-numbers and financial drain on the Club had made this session unsustainable in terms of coaching and venue.
Ending activities just shy of the Club’s 25th anniversary, we would like to pay tribute to the Club’s founder Roy Stocks and to all the coaches, officials and volunteers past and present who have given so much of their time and enthusiasm to Sway Fencing Club.
We hope that all members may find a way to continue fencing and will promote the sport in the future.