- Events – visiting coach masterclass, Brockenhurst Mon. 28th Oct.
New Forest Novices, Walhampton Sun. 10th Nov.
- Competitions – 20th Oct. 2013 – Hampshire Age Group Foil. and 17th Nov. 2013 – Southern Region Junior Team Competition
Foil, Epee & Sabre
- Seniors session format changes – individual lessons
- Monday 28th Oct. – Visiting Coach Masterclass Juniors 7pm and Seniors 8.30 sessions
Alan Knowles, British Fencing Level 4 coach and Southern region coach educator, will be returning to run a further masterclass. Cover charge will be £4 for the session.
(This is the school ½ term week)
- Sunday 10th Nov. New Forest Novices – provisional venue Hordle Walhampton School.
We will be running the Novices competition for the 2nd year. This is open to any fencer of two years experience or less by the date of the event and not finished as an individual in the top 8 of any Open, Regional or County competition. Entry fee will be £4 for a single weapon. On this occasion, competitors may not double up weapons.
Please ask the secretary for an entry form or go to the Novices page
- 20th Oct. 2013 – Hampshire Age Group Foil.
Princes Mead School, Winchester
Check-ins: U12–12:00 U14–11:00 U16–10:30 U18–10:30
- 17th Nov. 2013 – Southern Region Junior Team Competition
Foil, Epee & Sabre
U13 Foil and U13 Epee, U16 Foil and U16 Epee, U20 Foil, U20 Epee and U20 Sabre
Fareham Leisure Centre, Park Lane, Fareham PO16 7JU
Seniors’ Session format
In a departure from our traditional format, we are changing the delivery of lessons in the seniors session to enable the coaching staff to get in some fencing time of their own!
From October, coaches Vicki Pritchard, Quentin Stokes and Robin Catling will be giving individual lessons in the 8.15-8.45 slot. If senior members wish to get an individual lesson, you will need to put your name on the lesson list for your chosen date and weapon.
Please note from September the Adults per-session fee for those paying weekly went up to £5. The Juniors/students weekly remains at £4.