Under the Coaching and Development Plan 2009, we now run our Juniors sessions along the following lines:
- Timing – 19.00-20.15
- Please note the start time of 7pm.
New format will consist of:
- 5-10 min warm-up (no kit)
- 5-10 min footwork (no kit)
- 20 min group lesson: technique and tactics, blade-work
- 1 hour individual lessons (we will be maintaining a lesson register for 1-to-1′s to ensure fairness
- BFA Gradings
- ‘House League’ bouts (with an end of term points system)
- freeplay / preparation for competitions
We have several aims in doing this:
- Make more productive use of the time we have with Juniors
- Beginners achieve minimum of BFA Grade 1 foil before admission to club membership.
- Ensure all Juniors can attend any club or age competition in the country and be of a standard for their age group
- Set-up and maintain lesson register for 1-to-1′s
- Begin ‘House teams’ competition in preparation for age-group competitions
As Club policy we put new beginners through the 6-week course to qualify for membership before joining the main session.